Computer Support Services Manager
- Perform Computer Support Specialist Job duties:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems
- Implement new technologies
- Provide advanced technical support to faculty/staff efficiently
- Manage, maintain, diagnose, implement and repair college level hardware, software, peripheral equipment and operating systems.
- Assist in computer lab setup and maintenance
- Communicate with vendors in order to solve or implement new campus technologies
- Create and maintain documentation for process/services as needed
- Write training manuals for users, and provide training to them as needed
- Provide specialized support for all departments/colleges
- Managing the development, deployment and scheduling of an effective, highly reliable Computer Support Specialists staff.
- Responsible for providing annual performance evaluations, including hiring and firing of Computer Support Specialists.
- Delegate and assign work duties to Computer Support Specialists, monitors and assists with work progress.
- Standardize installation procedures wherever possible, increase efficiency, determine which issues should be handled by the IT helpdesk, as well as train the IT helpdesk how to handle these issues.
- Ensure appropriate documentation has been created and maintained for all college level servers/services as well as those that are standard to campus.
- Develop and maintain accurate inventory of hardware and software assets for individual colleges and faculty/staff.
- Manage image development, deployment and management for all desktop, laptop computers and mobile devices that are campus owned.
- Manage the development, maintenance, and support of college/department level virtual machines. Including OS patches, and application patches. Work with Network/Computer systems administrators as needed.
- Recommend and purchase appropriate hardware/software as needed for college level servers/services as well as faculty/staff computer purchases and computer lab needs, including high-tech classrooms while staying within provided budget requirements.
- Provide continuous monitoring regarding customer service to faculty/staff; ensuring rapid identification, response, escalation and correction of issues impacting faculty/staff.
- Manage, monitor and maintain all software licenses needed at the college/department service level.
- Qualifying candidates must have a Bachelor’s in Network Technology / Information Technology or related field.
- At least three years of relevant experience in desktop support for a company that has greater than 100 employees.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Lift over 50 pounds
- Walk, bend, sit, stand for extended periods of time
- Kneel, climb ladders 6 ft and higher, crouch
- Carry equipment up a maximum of three flights of stairs
- Move equipment via a cart across campus, which includes up and down hills.
It is preferred candidates have experience in Desktop Support, Local Area Networking, and Advanced System Administration.
- 4+ years college/university computer support experience
- A+ Hardware and Software certification
- Experience with hypervisor administration and maintenance
- Understanding of both wired and wireless systems and related technologies
- Experience maintaining and debugging computer peripherals (printers, scanners, projectors, mobile devices, cameras, etc.)
- Experience with audio/visual equipment and configuration
For full consideration application materials must be complete. Please include a cover letter addressing qualifications, a resume and contact information for 3 professional references.
Applications received by May 28, 2018 will be guaranteed full review and consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
Montana Tech is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, gender, age, political beliefs, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation or preference. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged. Montana Tech makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, Montana Tech provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the employment (veteran’s) preference form located on the employment page and email to email@example.com. You must include the job title of the position in which you are applying.
To request an accommodation, contact Cathy Isakson 406-496-4380; firstname.lastname@example.org