Assistant Director of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Employment Detail: Permanent, Full-Time
DUTIES to include the following, but not limited to:
- Lead/supervisory position responsible for the overall efficiency and secure use of enterprise networks and core server operating systems and hardware;
- Responsible for long range planning, design, evaluation, and implementation of campus-wide network and server systems;
- Instrumental in new product evaluations and implementations;
- Performance and operational readiness evaluations and monitoring;
- Network/server systems failure analysis and resolution;
- Network hardware replacement planning and scheduling;
- Development of technical procedures, planning and coordination regarding disaster recovery, and enterprise backups;
- Network Security Management – coordination of campus-wide Anti-virus, Spam, Malware and security functionality for the protection of all campus IT resources, network firewalls, policies, authentication, account maintenance & management;
- Knowledge, application and ensured stability of campus active directory services including account management and group policy settings;
- Support and maintain enterprise wireless system. Knowledge of wireless controllers, access points, and associated management;
- Oversight and implementation of print services, file shares, permissions and alternatives;
- Responsibility for SAN/NAS installation, configuration, maintenance, and best use of the resource;
- Oversee com-room equipment rack cable management, to include port activation and VLAN management;
- Data Center level support services to include preventive maintenance, environmental monitoring, management, log interpretation, server upgrades (physical/virtual), routers, switches, backups/restores, firmware updates, etc.;
- Implementation of network VLANS, DNS enterprise hierarchy, IPV4, IPV6, and network logical design;
- Install, configure, maintain graphical displays to properly monitor network traffic and ensure continual network connectivity, resource monitoring and trend analysis;
- Install, configure, and maintain an Exchange hybrid setup having both premise & online. Manage account synchronization with Office 365;
- Experience and knowledge of Office 365 features and administration
- Supervising, providing performance evaluations, hiring and firing of Network System Support person as well as the Computer Support Services Supervisor.
- Leverage PowerShell / Scripting to automate and implement solutions
Qualifying candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Networking Technology / Information Technology or related field.
A minimum of five years of relevant experience in Enterprise Computer System Environments.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Lift over 50 pounds
- Walk, bend, sit, stand for extended periods of time
- Kneel, climb ladders 6 ft and higher, crouch
- Carry equipment up a maximum of three flights of stairs
- Move equipment via a cart across campus, which includes up and down hills.
- Experience in LAN/WAN technologies, Advanced Systems Administrator, and Enterprise Systems Management; A+ Hardware and Software certification;
- CompTIA Network+ certification or equivalent
For full consideration application materials must be complete. Please include a cover letter addressing qualifications, a resume and contact information for 3 professional references.
Applications received by June 9, 2018 will be guaranteed full consideration and review, after June 9th, applications will be reviewed upon receipt and until the position is filled.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
Montana Tech is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, gender, age, political beliefs, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation or preference. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged. Montana Tech makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, Montana Tech provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the employment (veteran’s) preference form located on the employment page and email to email@example.com. You must include the job title of the position in which you are applying.
To request an accommodation, contact Cathy Isakson 406-496-4380; firstname.lastname@example.org