Network/Computer Systems Administrator II
Department: Information Technology
Employment Detail: Permanent, Full-Time
Applications received by October 15, 2018 will be guaranteed full review and consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
- Assists the Assistant Director of IT – Network Services/Computer Support regarding
- Responsibility of the overall efficiency and secure use of core server operating systems and hardware and enterprise networks;
- Account maintenance & management, authentication, security policies, network firewalls;
- Coordination of campus-wide Anti-virus, Spam, Malware and security functionality for the protection of all campus IT resources;
- Development of technical procedures, planning and coordination regarding disaster recovery, and enterprise backups;
- Knowledge, application and ensured stability of campus active directory services including account management and group policy settings;
- Manage account synchronization with Office 365;
- Knowledge of Office 365 features and administration
- Oversight and implementation of print services, file shares, permissions and alternatives;
- Leverage PowerShell / Scripting to automate and implement solutions;
- Server systems/network failure analysis and resolution;
- SAN/NAS maintenance;
- Data Center level support services to include preventive maintenance, server upgrades (physical/virtual), backups/restores, environmental monitoring, management, log interpretation, routers, switches, firmware updates, etc.;
- Performance and operational readiness evaluations and monitoring;
- Install, configure, maintain graphical displays to properly monitor network traffic and ensure continual network connectivity, resource monitoring and trend analysis;
- Oversee com-room equipment rack cable management, to include port activation and VLAN management;
- Maintenance of network VLANS, DNS enterprise hierarchy, IPV4, IPV6, and network logical design;
- Support and maintain enterprise wireless system. Knowledge of wireless controllers, access points, and associated management;
- Qualifying candidates must have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Networking Technology or related field OR 8 years relevant experience.
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Lift over 50 pounds
- Walk, bend, sit, stand for extended periods of time
- Kneel, climb ladders 6 ft and higher, crouch
- Carry equipment up a maximum of three flights of stairs
- Move equipment via a cart across campus, which includes up and down hills.
- It is preferred candidates have experience in Enterprise Systems Management, Advanced System Administration and Local Area Networking
For full consideration application materials must be complete. Please include a cover letter addressing qualifications, a resume and contact information for 3 professional references.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
Montana Tech is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, gender, age, political beliefs, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation or preference. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged. Montana Tech makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, Montana Tech provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the employment (veteran’s) preference form located on the employment page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the job title of the position in which you are applying.
To request an accommodation, contact Cathy Isakson 406-496-4380; email@example.com